Loving life at the moment
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Oh my gosh, a super great day. The highlights:
* I'm loving the Love Dare book and am learning so much about me through this process....and things I need to change.
* I was going through my saved voice messages on my cell (something I hadn't done for in ages) and there was one from my mom!!! :) It was sooooo good to hear her voice. The funny thing is, I hardly ever saved her messages and there wasn't any real significance to this one but I'm so glad I got to hear it...then, at home, I was picking a couple things off of Shelby's bed after the 4 of us had been in there and found a card she had written to Shelby when Shelby was in camp in August - the same place we leave to go back to next Friday. I have no idea who took the card out of the envelope Shelby has on her wall in her Painted Turtle display...but for it to be from my mom...total "sign" - love it!!!
* I've tamed some of the piles of paperwork - between the kids, our mail, my mom's mail, etc...goodness gracious, there's a lot.
* tomorrow Shelby performs at the A.C.T. games - similar to Special Olympics except for kids w/physical challenges and she's so excited. She even talked about it in her prayers tonight.
* I had lunch w/my grandma and was talking about Shelby's upcoming horseback riding w/me being her back rider and she gave me a great idea of where I could find some type of thick, wide strap that could go around Shelby AND me so while we're on a horse together, I don't have to hold quite so tight w/my left arm while the reins are in my right hand. Nanny came up w/the perfect thing!!! Who knew??
* I had - amazingly enough - a great experience at the DMV this morning while I had to transfer the title of my mom's car to us.
* Shane took Dolly for a walk around our block and the 2 of them ran the entire way (according to him) and it was so beautiful to see- my sweet boy sprinting w/a galloping Great Dane - both of them w/their tongues sticking out!!!
* Shelby looked at the "Differently-Abled" catalog I took home from Toys R Us today and we made a wish book out from pictures of things she would love to receive for Christmas. It was a fun project for both of us. It was interesting to hear her take on the pics of all the kids - some with obvious special need and some where you didn't see anything obvious. She was very perceptive.
Anyways, I'm off to bed...once I get the snoring Great Dane and poodle out of my way...
Have a wonderful weekend everybody!!!