Wednesday, January 07, 2009
I thought I'd post a sort of year-end wrap-up with all my accomplishments/progress of 2008.
1. I learned to LOVE lifting, working out, and just being active in general. I developed several new sport interests, like horseback riding, biking, martial arts, and even *gasp* running!
2. Lost 35# (ended up ~123, 6# under original goal weight) and improved body composition (from around 30%bf to around 21%). This is my high school weight, but I have much more muscular strength and fitness than I did then. (That is down 5 pants sizes from a 10 to a 1!)
3. Completed the NROL4W weightlifting program.
4. I learned that I CAN succeed in weight loss, which in turn fueled my motivation and confidence in lifting and basically every other area of my life.
5. I learned how to take time for me, that it's okay--good even, and that taking time to focus on my health and well-being can benefit my relationships and family life.
6. I "met" many new friends that encouraged and taught me along the way, and in turn hopefully inspired or encouraged some of them as well.
Deadlifts: ? to 1RM of 190#
7. Bench Press: 15 @ 45# to 1RM of 105#
Squat: 15 @ 15# dbs to 1RM of 145#
Chinups: 0 to 10
Pullups: 0 to 5
Pushups: around 10 to 41 (probably couldn't do that many now though)
Rows: DBs from 20# to 40# each
FSPP: 55# to 70# (? Reps)
DB Snatch: 20# to 40#
One legged RDL: ? To 4 @ 40 each hand
I went from a completely sedentary, overweight slug of a mom to an active, strong, and maybe athletic woman who loves her new life, does fun stuff with her kids, and looks and feels better than ever before (yes, really!)