Cottage Cheese High Protein Pancakes
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
These are high-protein pancakes and quite a treat!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Start to finish: 10 minutes
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1 tsp canola oil
3 tbsp whole wheat flour
1. In a small bowl, beat the egg with a whisk until creamy.
2. Push the cottage cheese through a wire strainer into the egg in the bowl. Mix well.
3. Add the oil and flour. Mix well.
4. Lightly oil a skillet and place over low heat. When the skillet is hot, spoon the batter into the skillet making four pancakes. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
5. Serve with applesauce, apple butter or your favorite whole fruit jam.
11 g total fat (3 g sat)
217 mg cholesterol
20 g carbohydrate
23 g protein
3 g fiber
523 mg sodium
I make these often & I also have other protein pancakes I make /w/ FF plain yogurt.