SP friends = Power, pure power!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
My SP friend, IDeborah, commented, "I bet you're hiking and biking like a house on fire."
Uh, oh. I was so NOT hiking or biking like even a puny twig on fire.
To be honest:
1) I was afraid of physically encountering a moose (which can be deadly even without provocation) where I'd been working in the woods & where I had seen 3 moose from the safety of my house. (By not working, I was giving up burning 800 calories/day. Big sacrifice!)
2) I was recovering from a week of company and being the World's Greatest Tour Leader (who regularly recharged on Double Chocolate Chunk cookies --lethal..don't try them!!)
3) And I had a dozen other transparent, pitiful alibis for not moving my bod.
I thought about her comment for a few days...and then decided.
Even though the calendar said it was already Wednesday and I had burned few, if any, calories, I would meet my weekly goal of burning 3200 by midnight Sat. night (after being in meetings all day & night Sat). And I would meet my weekly goals of minutes of fitness, too.
I did it. And I experienced the same results I always have:
1) Feeling good physically and mentally;
2) Awakening each morning ready to roll....instead of crawling out of bed;
3) Feeling better about the world and its inhabitants and our chances for survival during this crazy times!
4) Fitting into my clothes without feeling like a sausage in casing!
SP friends' support plays a vital role in my success. It's not their fault if I do not succeed. But they deserve KUDOS if and when I do succeed.
So I thank you my wonderful SP friends for playing your supporting role so well.
Including you, Deborah!