It's Time for A Check-Up Part 2
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
-Directions: Go over each of the following basic areas of spiritual health and evaluate yourself. For each question that God's Spirit convicts you, in prayer, confess, repent, forgive and submit afresh to the Lordship of Christ. In return you will see greater joy, peace, and power flow from your life.
"God gives special help to humble people..." - 1st Peter 5:5
• Do you pretend to be something you're not?
• Does your speech promote yourself and your agenda?
• Are you controlling, often insisting on your own way?
• Do you have a stubborn, critical, or un-teachable spirit?
• Can you receive constructive criticism without being overly defensive?
• Are you overly concerned with your title, image or status?
• In your heart-of-hearts do you consider yourself to be better than others?
• Are you concerned about receiving credit for your ideas and efforts?
• Are you quick to genuinely celebrate other people's successes?
• Have you intentionally performed secret acts of service in recent days?
• Do you live for your pleasure or God's glory?
• Do you trust in yourself or lean on God's guidance and power in your life?
• Are you a cooperative, cheerful follower?
• How did you do on your examination?
Are there areas where you need to take action? Regular checkups will help to restore your spiritual vitality. Truth be told we are all a little afraid of spiritual check-ups; after all it may cause us to have to change some habits, some behaviors, and the way we think. It’s imperative that we get over this fear with God’s guidance and challenge ourselves to a standard of spiritual excellence.