Day 3: Meddy's Meme
Monday, January 03, 2011
I copied this from Meddypeddy's blog. It's one of the more involved memes I've seen.
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Sightseeing trip to Kent.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Coping with my daughter's illness long-distance.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Spending time with my stepsons.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
A family fracas.
5. Pick three words to describe 2010.
In media res - in the middle of things.
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2010 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
Funny, warm, lively.
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2010 (again, without asking).
Up, down - roller coaster! (That's four, but you get my drift, lol.)
8. What were the best books you read this year?
Oohh, tough one... a couple were rereads: A Morbid Taste for Bones (Ellis Peters), Pillars of the Earth (Ken Follett)... new ones: best nonfiction would be Elizabeth Norton's Anne of Cleves - good biography. Oh, and 3 AM Epiphany (Brian Kiteley) - brilliant book. Fiction, ummm... CJ Sansom's Heartstone, the latest in the Shardlake series.
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
Himself, who is never dull or boring (!), and definitely my children.
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
To stay positive.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
Not sure I did... I should, but not sure I did.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
Becoming more at peace with the world and my place in it.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
More like 'Did I shrink physically' lol... Certainly improved my muscle tone somewhat - looking to do more of that in 2011.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
Being more assertive without being aggressive.
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
I no longer work outside the house. Inside, I would have to say taking up writing again.
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
Settling in to retirement, after having worked at one job or another since I was 14.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Oh, dare I say it: computer games.
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Working on self-improvement.
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
That I don't have to be perfect - whatever 'perfect' is. Good enough is good enough.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2010 for you.
Good year capping a pretty good decade, and setting me up to look forward to a new year and new decade.