I'm proud to say that the weekend was an overall SUCCESS!!!
On Friday I posted a blog of my thoughts on what I have challenges with on the weekends, why I feel I have these challenges and plans of how to overcome them. It was an amazing feeling to get these thoughts out with a plan and I feel that doing this really helped me get through the weekend successfully!
Here's a recap...
Some Challenges of the weekend:
1. Dinner out-- My hubby and I were planning a Valentines Dinner out. The challenge this posed for me is that I think I've been pre-planning for meals out and skimping on nutrition during the day to allow more, only to result in binge eating "and" dinner out. This one wasn't a problem because we were planning for Saturday, but decided to go last minute Friday evening instead. I've gotten really good at making smarter restaurant choices, but was a little worried since I wasn't planning on this meal out throughout the day. I had the Dinner Salad (no croutons, no cheese) with dressing on the side, Plain Baked Potato, and Pork Tenderloin. At the end of the day I ended up at my low end of the nutrition scale...VICTORY!
2. My husband's sweet tooth-- Dinner out for my husband left him wanting dessert. After dinner we went to Costco where he was looking over all the sweets and baked goodies. This really didn't bother me, I told him that I didn't plan on eating any and to get whatever he wanted, and I really meant it. Luckily though, we left here empty handed. However, on the drive home he kept thinking about the chocolate cake he saw so he asked me to stop at the store in town so we could get one there. Now..I was starting to get weak. Luckily he didn't see anything that matched up to that chocolate cake, got frustrated and decided not to get anything. YAHOO...this was a life saver for me! I will admit though that when we got home I had a bad case of the munchies and I was looking in the cupboards. I stopped, drank two glasses of water, then warmed up a cup of coffee. The urge passed...no binging! HUGE VICTORY!!!
1. Boredom-- My plan was to keep busy and to get my son more active. He and I left Saturday morning to do some shopping for him, and since the weather was cooperating, we were going to hit the trail in the afternoon. Well...change of plans, we ended up hauling branches and working outside instead as we started clearing for our new house. VICTORY...kept busy and active!
2. Change in eating schedule-- I just concentrated on making each meal satisfying so that I didn't have the urge for munchies in between. I really had the mindset that higher calories with smart choices was better than high calories due to poor nutrition, binging and meals out. I did have to keep reminding myself of this mindset, but it did help me keep strong and made all the difference. VICTORY!
3. Weakness-- Being with my family and their choices for foods that aren't the best choices for me is very tough and this weekend posed the quite a big challenge in this department. I'm extremely proud of myself for keeping to my plan and staying strong. At times it wasn't easy, but I was VICTORIOUS and that gives me so much strength!
4. Spark-- THANK YOU to all my Spark Friends...you were there for me and I did check into Spark more often than usual on the weekends. Having your messages waiting for me helped more than any of you may realize. I do have to do this on my own, but you all really helped me to be strong and I so greatly appreciate all of you checking in with me, sharing encouragement and motivation, and for truly being such great friends. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Blogging these thoughts and this plan last week really helped me think about things and give some thought in to the whys and hows of my weekend challenges. Getting all these thoughts out took such a load off my shoulders and helped me face the weekend with much less stress on the situation.
After feeling good about the weekend I'm ready to really enjoy my week!