Success and goals
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
In a comment on one of my other blogs Supahcee asked:
"QUESTION FOR YOU- what does success in your journey look like? Blog and tell me what you envision yourself and your life, attitude, and activities will be like when you are at your goal. Write it down. I did that and it is really motivational!"
Well Supahcee, I've been thinking about this for a few days now and so much of it just boils down to is really LIVING and ENJOYING life.
Success in my journey means that at the end of each day I have done what needs to be done for ME. That includes keeping my food under control and making sure I have moved during the day. It also means that I have been a good mom, done well in my job, and hopefully have made someone smile that day. This is how I am going to judge my success.....one day at a time. I know there will be a few days here and there that don't go quite as planned. My success for those days may come the next day when I get back on track. You see, this journey has started and will continue long past I have reached any goals for weight loss.
Yes, when I reach my goal, I want to look better and be skinnier and shop for cuter clothes, but it's more than that.......
- I already keep a positive attitude most of the time (everyone is entitled to a few downs here and there). Barring the death of a child, I know I have already been through about the worst that life can give me. For coming out still on top, I am grateful.
- I want to be confident to get out there and live. I want to go dancing all night. I want to try new things (skydiving comes to mind). I want to have the energy to keep up with those around me.
- I want to be a good model for my daughters. If God chooses to bless me with grandchildren, I want to play and run with them.
- I want to be an inspiration to others, especially dear friends who I know also struggle with their weight.
- I want to start each day with renewed energy and finish each day with a tired feeling of contentment that I lived that day to its fullest.