Updating and getting back!
Monday, July 18, 2011
First of all, I must apologize to my Spark friends for not posting and not sending signs that I am alive. I have to admit that the non-marathon has brought me down for some time - emotionally, as it was something I'd been training for a long time, and physically, since I've had a few days of generalized pain.
I've been totally off track. I logged to Spark a few days in the last month, but couldn't find the momentum to do things right - I've been self indulgent and a bit lazy... Now I'm trying to grab my life back, and I count on you all for support to do that.
Well, let's update then!
1) I'm managing to stay running during the winter. So far, so good!
2) As I still have one week of active recovery after the marathon (total of 45 days), I couldn't do a 18k training run yet. The first one will be next weekend, and I'm looking forward to do it!
3) I managed to stay in gym and do my strength exercises. Arms, back and legs are looking pretty good, but there's a lot to be done to core and butt.
4) I did 3 races since the marathon: a 9k in July 9th, a 6k in July 16th and a 16k in July 17th. I know that two races in a row is a stupid thing to do, but the 6k was organized and sponsored by the bank where I work, and I couldn't miss it! I had the chance to run beside a great friend from work, and it was very fun. The 16k was done in 1h38min, my best time in this distance! I'm really proud of it. There are some great pics, I'll post them tomorrow.
5) I ate healthy for some days... Otherwise, everything would have gone down.
6) I've been watching about 10 movies a week. I found some great ones I already wanted to see, and I'm taking this time to get to them!
7) I have a half marathon in August 21st, in another state. Welcome to the running airlines! It'll be my first race out of São Paulo.
1) I've gained weight (not as much as I could have, but some that needs to be lost).
2) Eating has been out of control for some days. Getting back on track today.
3) I may have injured my foot due to a bad pair of running shoes. Will need to see a doctor.
4) I've been working too much. Stress levels are high.
5) I have a half marathon in two weeks (not the August one, the July 31st one) but, as I'm in active recovery, no specific training was allowed. I'll have to grab the Lord's hand and go.
6) Some bills are late, some will stay that way. Things are a bit complicated.
I'll be taking this week to reward my Spark friends with SparkGoodies in attention to everybody's support and kindness. Without you all, getting back on track would sure be a lot harder. I took some points to reward myself with some dumbbells, as I have really bought a set of weighs to be able to do my arm exercises at home.
Thank you for everything and let's keep going!