Monday, August 08, 2011
Yep, I'm using them. One of my doctors recommended them and i went to a meeting and signed up. They don't appear to have nearly the active social network this site has and I like everyone here so I think I will keep using the social networking piece but I'm using the weightwatchers website for my food and exercise tracking. Things I like about it:
1) Rather than having a daily calorie target to hit you get daily points and weekly "Flex" points. That gives you the freedom to indulge some days while limiting yourself on others.
2) Unlimited fruit and non-starch vegetables (!)
3) Because of #2 the daily food recording is much less stressful. I can just enter the stuff that has points.
4) For some reason I like the accountability of face-to-face weekly meetings.
5) Exercise can give you more points!
Things that are a little difficult:
Mainly its hard to wrap my mind around what a "Point" is It really isn't as clearly defined as a calorie but I'm starting to get used to it (for instance I now have 1/2 cup of ice cream = a can of beer = a serving of potato chips etched into my mind).
At any rate I figure I'd let everyone know what I'm doing.
Its been 4 weeks so far and I'm down over 8 lbs so I cant complain :)