A good day :)
Friday, August 26, 2011
Even though today was a very busy day at the end of a very busy week, it was still a really good day for lots of reasons:
1) It's Friday........nuf said :)
2) We had a kind of unofficial "Bike to Work" day. The plan was to meet at Panera Bread for breakfast at 6:15 and then at 6:45 bike into work, which is only about 2.5 miles from Panera. There were a couple of us who live too far away and we planned to park at the school, ride to Panera and then ride back to school. I got there early to get in a few extra miles to make it worth it, met Nikki and had a nice leisurely ride to Panera. There were only 7 of us there but I'm still the new kid on the block and it was a good chance to visit with some of the bike enthusiasts including the school nurse who completed the Iron Man last year (talking about doing VineMan next summer) and a teacher who took a whole year off work to bike all over Africa. Yep, some serious people here! It was an absolute beautiful morning with just a bit of a chill in the air and it felt awesome!!!
3) It's Friday!
4) Work has been crazy and I'm constantly walking the halls at school. I'm exhausted by the time I exercise in the morning and then walk all day, but I'm loving my attitude about being grateful to get paid while moving.
5) It's Friday!
6) I have a friend who I've been trying to get motivated to exercise more. Tonight she agreed to go for a bike ride with me so I hauled both of my bikes over to the lake close to my house. She was leary of getting on and going but once she did, she did really good. There's a 2 mile loop there. We did part of it together and then I took off for a bit on my own and met up with her coming back around. By the time we left the loop and went back to the car, she covered about 5 miles and was excited (except for the sore butt part) and I was excited for her.
7) It's Friday!
8) I have a date Sunday night. This is someone I went out on one date with probably 2 years ago and haven't seen since. He's a good man, but for several reasons is not relationship material for me. However, we have stayed friends this whole time mainly through facebook. It surprised me when he asked me out again and I'm not sure what he's thinking, but it will be nice to see him again and catch up.
9) Did I mention it's Friday???
Have a great weekend Spark friends!!!!!!!!