ODC blog: the month in review
Thursday, October 27, 2011
At the beginning of this month, I set some goals for myself and here are the results.
1. 40 min of cardio per day (including a daily 2-2.5 mile walk)---- Had only 5 days this month when I didn't have 40 min or more of cardio, so I'm happy with that. Most days included 2 miles or more per walk, sometimes 2 walks a day. Horray for me!
2. Track all food and staying in calorie range ---- I'm giving myself a goal met for this one as I tracked for 26 of 27 days this month. I stayed in range 18 of those days, was over 2 days and under 5 days. Still consistently low in potassium, magnesium, and folate even tho' I have 5 or more freggies most days.
3. Strength training (minimum 15 min/day 6 days a week) ---- Other than my scheduled Tuesday break from ST, I only missed one day!
4. 1000+ fitness minutes for the month ----- I have almost 2400 fitness minutes so far and still 4 days to go.
5. Walk a 5K ---- I walked/jogged the Komen Race for the Cure 5K in 46:33. Feel good about that time because I haven't done a 5K for 2 years. Plus there were sooo many people, I didn't even get to the start line til a minute or so after the gun!
I feel really proud of all the work I put in this month. I even managed to get DH out the door to walk with me and he's going to the water aerobics classes too--although he's not a very enthusiastic participant. Some of these goals will continue into November and probably December, too. I got off to a slow start in September and didn't work toward the goals I had set; spending most of the month at my parents and traveling to MI from FL and back--4 days in the car-- and eating out often. The weight is slowly coming off, but more than that, I'm developing some habits that will help me be healthier going forward.