The Spark, Chapter 2
Tuesday, February 07, 2012
This chapter was based on focus. How he found his, kept it, and shared with others so they could gain on theirs. When it comes to the relative stories he told, I must say I felt he was talking about me and my life. I want to be the breadwinner and I was thinking about that at work today. I don't care for the job I do as its not in my field and I want to wear the cute things I see others wearing. I don't have that option. Currently, since I'm so cold all the time, I wear a sweatshirt that is large 3'x large and it makes me look large. I feel dumb and looked down upon. I want to work closer to home and to be able to support us in everything we want to do. I also thought a lot about my wedding, of course is just a dream wedding, but I couldn't help myself today. I kept thinking, maybe we could have it at the house and save us a lot of money. Then I though, if I made more, I could have a better wedding and invite more people. Then I had to think if that's what I'd really want. I was going round and round today.
He talked more about goals and how to set them, also how to find out more about yourself in order to set said goals. As I've said before, I am a strong headed woman who has a mind that won't settle so this seems like a rather large task. I think that since the 1st chapter posted things about goals, and this chapter as well, that for every chapter I am going to post goals, timeliness, and if I reach them. I first have to figure out what I want out of life.
I often feel like the fellow turning the wheel, thinking I'm helping a lot of people when in reality, I'm not helping at all and very few people appreciate it.
- Take all of my pills, no matter what.
- Drink 8+ cups of water.
- Eat better so that my sugars don't freak out, (add tea).
- Sit on the ball already, (unless its too cold in the house).
- Work up a sweat at least once a day.
- Clean the dang house!
- Find a better way to do things.
- Save Money, (extra money goes to savings).
- Workout at least 5 days a week, (walking or the gym).
- Get a scale, (CRAP).
- Get a HRM for your wrist that has A,H,W, on it.
- Maybe get a Ipod Shuffle and AM album to stay motivated.
- Stock healthy things in the house so I am not left starving.
- Become more active with Husband.
- Start work on resume/portfolio, (have ready by March 1st).
- Find a church that Zion would approve.
- Talk to Dad either this month or next on the phone/letter.
- Find a 2nd job, (Cub).
- Have a better job that pays well.
- Have a better car that you're not scared of.
- Have a Husband.
- Make house repairs.
- Rewards, (new dishes, shelf, etc.).
I think I will be ok.