After losing 40 pounds, I find that there are many things about me that are different. Here are the top 20 things that are different:
1. I am 4 sizes smaller from a 22 to a comfortable 18. As a matter of fact, I actually wore a 16 two days ago;
2. I’ve gone from a size 3x in shirts to a 16 or Large;
3. All my rings are too big on me;
4. I had to get my watch sized;
5. My shoes fit me loser;
6. I use my lunch hour at work every day to workout (we have a gym in our building so I bring a sandwich and a fruit and eat that after my workout)
7. I went from walking on the treadmill at a 2.0 for 20 minutes at a 0 incline and feeling like I was dying to walking at 3.4 for 40 minutes with a 6.5 incline and burning about 550 calories per session;
8. I always want to up my workout and add more speed or incline and have to convince myself to take it slow so I don’t get injured;
9. I work out at least 6 days per week if not more;
10. I actually crave exercise. Who knew?;
11. I actually got a shorter haircut because now I think my face can handle it. My face is not as round as before;
12. I did my first charity walk and it was awesome can’t wait for the next one;
13. I love taking my dogs out for walks in the evenings even though I have already worked out (double whammy calorie burn!);
14. I am inspiring people to lose weight – my 17 year old son has lost almost 50 pounds and my roommate has lost almost 30 pounds since January when we started this journey together. Me an inspiration, wow!;
15. I go on vacation and actually watch what I eat;
16. I go out to dinner and share an entrée so that I only eat half.
17. I go on vacation and actually work out. The workout clothes I bring are not just luggage stuffers;
18. I fit comfortably in chairs (like the movies, the theatre, an airplane);
19. I actually look in the mirror and think I look pretty. That hasn’t happened in such a long time;
20. And finally, but most importantly, I FINALLY LOVE MYSELF AGAIN.
BRING ON THE NEXT 60!