My New Eating Plan is WORKING!!!!!!:-)
Friday, July 06, 2012
Hi Spark Friends!!!!
I am such a slacker when it comes to blogging....but I would rather read other people's blogs!!!!;-)
I am doing a hybrid "eating plan" that I made up on my own.....for almost 2 weeks, and so far have lost about 6 pounds!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!
I really think the key for me was finding something I liked and could sustain, without feeling deprived, which is different for everybody.
My eating plan is a combination of 4 (or more) different plans...Sass yourself Slim, Swing, Spark's nutrition goals, and clean eating.
Here is what I am doing:
1. Following SP's recommended calories, but trying to stay at 1200 most days, which is from Swing Diet.
2. Drinking decaf coffee with 1/2 cup whole milk (and NO sugar...yay!!!) for breakfast, and no food
3. Eating my "breakfast" of oatmeal or "sassy French toast" at 12 or 1 pm.
4. Eating my ~100 calories of 72% dark chocolate around 2 pm with green tea... That's from the Sass plan!!!:-)
5. Eating a TON of veggies, lean protein, only whole grains, and minimal sweets.
6. One day (or meal) a week is my "splurge", and I so far have only done that once, but saved it for going out to dinner on a date night with dh....this week's is tomorrow....going out to dinner with friends.
I am finding that eating this way has totally changed my taste buds!!!!! Bonus!!!!!!
Things that I now actually like:
Unsweetened green tea (hot and cold)
Non-fat plain Greek yogurt
Balsamic vinegar on salads (no oil needed if I put cottage cheese or yogurt on salad too)
Oatmeal without sweetener (I used to use Stevia)
Really DARK chocolate... I had some 90% recently, and liked it!!!
I (not thinking) licked some frosting from my finger helping my son with a cupcake at a B-day party, and it tasted gross!!!!! That is SO huge for me because I used to be a frosting ADDICT!!!! I have eaten a whole tub of frosting, or even better made a whole batch of frosting, and ate it with a spoon before, so I am glad to report that!!!!
My BARS team is doing a challenge for July, and I have only missed one point so far!!!! I am running 10 minutes a day (minimum), which is different for me, I usually run 3 times a week, but I don't want to miss out on the points!!!!
I have a goal to get out of the 160's by August...I have 4 pounds to go!!!!! I am thinking that I can do it!!!!!:-)
I hope you are all staying cool and hydrated!!!!!!
Have a good weekend!!!!