Saturday, September 08, 2012
It's been a good day.
1. At 5 AM I woke refreshed and ready to go after a good night's rest.
2. Sis had a hot breakfast ready. My breakfast is usually a Nutrisystem bar and coffee while driving in the morning.
3. I enjoyed the 30 minute ride to my niece's apartment, listening to an audiobook. Not much fog this morning. The road was wet but the rain had stopped. Traffic a little lighter because it's Saturday.
4. It's great to spend some time with my niece every morning while driving her to work. It's amazing the things we talk about.
5. I walked for an hour in the morning. When I came home, I took the dog for a short walk. He gets so excited when he sees the leash in my hand. His ears pop up when I say, "Walk?" Someday I will do a blog on the things I've learned from my dog.
6. Sis and I went shopping at the fabric store. Ooh-la-la. Love that store. I bought fabric for kitchen curtains, 50% off. I've been looking for the right fabric for a couple of years! (Pictures to follow when the curtains are done.) Sis stocked up on thread at 50% off and other sewing supplies.
7. Sis and I tried a new (to me) Chinese-Japanese restaurant. Not sure if the calorie part qualifies as a blessing? I am blessed to have a wonderful sister who is a friend. It's wonderful to do things together. Yes, that definitely is a blessing. Wish my other sisters lived closer.
8. I enjoyed a short nap in the afternoon. Zzzzz. Why does it feel better to sleep in the sunshine than to sleep at night? Decadent. It could become my new habit.
9. I picked up my niece at work, and we stopped at the grocery store while she shopped. I found a large bag of unsalted peanuts for the parrot. That was on my list.
10. After that lovely Chinese meal in the afternoon, I am not hungry tonight. I am drinking ice water and decaf coffee. Nothing so refreshing as cold water, yum.
11. I weighed in today. Down 2 pounds, yay! No difference in inches this time.
12. I've spent some quality time catching up with Spark friends, sending birthday wishes to my Done Girls, and being inspired by blogs. This site is amazing. Thank you, Spark People.