Some Fun Realizations with only a 12 lb loss....
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
I'm down 12 lbs since my high weight of 179 this past Feb/March. It doesn't sound like a lot but I've realized a few things so far...
1. I'm more in tune with my body. Depending on what I eat I am more in tune to what my body agrees with or doesn't. Eating a lot of white bread or starchy items it doesn't like. Eating a lot of veggies and whole grains it loves. Being able to realize this has started to make me lean towards wanting to pick cleaner foods all the time. Its easier for me to turn down making a meal out of 3 pieces of pizza and only choose 1 with a salad when I know that my body isn't going to thank me for the excess sodium or bread in the dough.
2. I've lost enough to not want to quit. I don't want to lose my momentum. I'm far enough in that I can't blame my loss on just dropping water weight. Its real progress.
3. I was able to go clothes shopping in my closet yesterday. I found 10 pairs of jeans I could wear over the 2 I used to only wear. That was an AWESOME feeling.
4. I'm feeling good about myself. This is probably one of the more important things out of it all. For a long time I had ups and downs with my body image. I get it and I know we all go through it at some point. I've never had a ton of confidence and I've struggled with social anxieties. I'm not a hermit but I'm not one to just be out there or outgoing either. I know to some degree I will probably always deal with some anxieties but I'm feeling that its all becoming more bearable. Shoot I just am feeling better about myself...what isn't to love about that?
5. Dietbet.com has taught me that its perfectly acceptable to not worry about your big long term goal. Matter of fact all I have to do is focus on losing that 4% a month. 6 lbs (and some change) at a time. I'm slowly plugging away at my long term goal without even thinking about that. I use my spark tools daily to help me achieve that.
My next dietbet ends November 7/8 and its going to be close for me...again. I just don't think its that easy for me to drop weight but that is ok. I'm not giving up. I'm still saying I'm going to do it because I believe in claiming a goal as already done. Exciting times!