When it rains....it pours....literally!!
Monday, February 25, 2013
Whiner alert - this is a Poor Me Blog---You have been warned.
So - last Thursday my husband and I adopted a little Yorkie mix from a lady in Pensacola. Things seemed OK at first. This dog was very timid and afraid - but hey - we were her third "humans" in 3 months. She seemed very sweet.
Well - over the course of the weekend things seemed to change...she quit eating....wouldn't drink much.....wouldn't even come out of her dog crate by yesterday morning. We were mystified as to whether this was something to do with getting used to new surroundings and people or whether she might be a little sick. By late Sunday afternoon we were pretty sure there was something terribly wrong with this little dog. And by last night - she had starting bleeding out from her bowels. I knew we had a problem and needed to get her to the vet Monday morning.
Add to it that is had done nothing but rain for freaking days. AND - it had been raining in our bedroom....Now we have a very nice Victorian home. It has a "turret" type (round) sitting area on the front of our bedroom. And where the roof connects for the round area to the front of the house - we have had problems with on and off for years...but these past few days - it has rained buckets in our bedroom....I have had enough.
So - this morning - I have listened to it rain in my bedroom all night and I'm NOT happy. AND I'm worried about this little dog that I have now had for 4 whole days....
When I came down to get her out of her cage - there was large amounts of blood and she is laying on her side on the bloody towel...and I am sure she is dying.
I rushed her to our vet....and she almost did die....they gave her a blood transfusion and that helped - but they think that she has either been poisoned or got into poison - but I know she didn't get any at our house. And her former owner says it didn't happen at her house either. There are two other things that could have caused this massive internal bleeding - but not sure which - so she will probably have to be treated for all of them. I am just sick for this little girl. I have no idea how long she will be at the vets or what all of this is going to cost - but I do know this.....our vet took blood from a dog they frequently board without his owner's permission in order to keep Roxy alive - and if he can take that risk and go to those lengths to keep her alive....I'm going to too. She is at the vet - so I know she is being cared for the moment.....
Unfortunately - as I write this....it's raining in my bedroom again.
ENOUGH RAIN ALREADY!!
OK - I feel a little better now that this is all out. I would like to note....I have a job and I can pay the mortgage on my house with the leaking roof. My dog is very sick - but neither of my kids or grandkids are fighting cancer. I know I am still blessed.....even if I'm stressed.
Thanks for listening. Tomorrow is going to be a better day!!