Monday, April 22, 2013
I just learned on Spark Coach about Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis. This is the activities we do that are active but not necessarily exercise. It is here that I am killed. Even when I work out, the rest of the time I sit in my recliner. There MUST be some ways to increase my NEAT....So the purpose of this blog is to list various ways I can be more active.
1) STand up and go refill my water bottle every time it is empty.
2) When I stand up or sit down, do an extra "stand/up'/sit/down" squat.
3) Every time I get up, walk up and down the staircase until my legs tire.
4) March while doing dishes.
5) Sweep the kitchen floor
6) Walk the length of my driveway several times
7) Rake the lawn (not sure if my shoulder will allow that)
8) take out the garbage
9) Place my computer on the kitchen counter and stand while on it.
10) put on some music and dance a little
These are ten things I can easily do to get my body moving more. Can you think of any others?