You are appreciated!
Thursday, January 02, 2014
Happy New Year!! I just wanted to share something I read on Spark Guy's blog today. :)
You don't have to actually answer these questions, just ponder them.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman Trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America Pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is… not many of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These are not second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one.
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money or the most awards. They simply are the ones who care the most.
I have passed this on to wonderful people in my life.
Enjoy the New Year! You are appreciated!