Challenge Blog #2
Saturday, January 11, 2014
This blog about my hurdles during my weight loss journey.
1. Changing my eating habits is not only hard, but dangerous for me. Because I am on blood thinners, I cannot make dramatic changed in my eating because it throws my blood clotting levels way out of whack and that is dangerous for my leg. I have fought since 1993 to keep my right leg and it is on my mind every day.
2. It always seems that there is some event that keeps me from staying on track. Holidays, birthdays, special events and the all dreaded (or loved) caterer left over's from the weddings.
3. Living with 2 people who can eat whatever they want and NEVER gain a pound.
4. Being able to say NO to second helpings, buffet luncheons with friends, another drink on Tuesdays with my old GM group and then that leads to bad bar food.
5. Snacking while watching TV.
6. Large limits on exercising because of the artery troubles in my leg. I cannot walk very much at all (or I am not suppose to).
7. Losing 65 pounds with my Dr. at a Medical Weight Loss clinic and then severely hurting my knee to where I could not ride my recumbent bike or use the elliptical and putting the weight back on.
8. Losing my mother this year and now facing the limited time that I have with my father, he is very sick and losing his battle with kidney disease.
These are all excuses that are in my head, or hurdles, but I know I can beat this and all of those listed, but I needed to put myself first. Huh, I guess that should have been the 1st hurdle, I never do that.