Basic Lessons For Life
Sunday, January 26, 2014
BASIC LESSONS FOR LIFE
1. When things get rough, just keep going. When people most encounter a rough patch, they quit. The truly successful people in this world keep going no matter what. Never let your setbacks win.
2. Consistency creates habit. To incorporate anything into your life, you have to make it a habit. To make something a habit, you have to be consistent. Whatever it is you're aiming for, make it a part of your life.
3. You'll have to get through hell before you get to heaven. Like all things worth pursuing, you are going to get knocked down, stepped on, and rejected along the way. Consider this to be part of the path to your goals. Sometimes it's more about the journey than the destination.
4. Reaching your goals will take a lot of work. If it doesn't, it's either not a goal, not worth pursuing, or will not have fulfillment. Never expect to not put work in work and get somewhere.
5. Every aspect of life is mental. It's not about what you do or what happens to you, it's about how to respond to it. It's how you decide to carry on. Your power comes from inside your head.
6. You do have time - you just have to make it. If something is important to you, you'll make time for it. if not, you'll make excuses.
7. You define your own limits. Your limits aren't put unto you by your parents, other people, or the universe. You are in total control of it. You decide whether or not to shoot for the moon or stay right where you are.
8. If you wait for the right conditions, you'll never get anything done. Don't wait for anything or anybody. You know what you have to do to reach your goals and get things done. Just go do them!
9. Go beyond your limits every day and watch the magic happen. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve if you just push yourself a little further.
10. There is peace even in the most chaotic times. No matter how grueling, stressful, sorrowful, or painful your situation is, there is always a silver lining and something positive to be found. Seek it out, learn from it, and keep moving on.