2015 THEME - Actively Seeking Optimum Health
Thursday, January 01, 2015
Yup not doing resolutions this year, doing a theme that should get me through the year with the results I need. I will thank my friend Dianne for this idea - its snowballing just fine course its also just day 1 LOL !
My activity must be conducive to my seeking/reaching optimum health ! So today that came into play 2 times.
The first time I wanted chicken chow mein in black bean sauce, so I asked myself, will this contribute to reaching your health goals this year? I thought no, and went and bought half a rotisery chicken instead and had that for lunch with a salad.
Tonight when Gene and I went to Dallas for lamb on a skewer, I noticed that Anna's Cake House was open, I LOVE that place, so I asked myself do you want to go buy something at Anna's ? I thought, NO ITS NOT CONDUCIVE to my theme for 2015 and did not go.
By the way, CONDUCIVE is my buzz word for this year as well. I have a number of changes I am making to go with my semi retirement so I do not become a computer potata ....
1. no snacking after 7 PM - liquids only
2. take 2 20 minute walks a day and if the weather is crappy, walk for 20 minutes down stairs or in the hall way of the building I live in.
3. start recording what you eat, and track your nutrition
4. take a good multi vitamin, and your D3 more regular
5. spend less time on the computer, but dont replace that time with watching TV !!
WE will see how this goes, but in the end, I want to build endurance during exercising, I believe the weight I have gained has affected that.
What have you all got planned for the year ??