Gimme Some Lovin'!
Thursday, February 12, 2015
I was just looking through my devotions and came across what I'd written yesterday about loving myself NOW rather than AFTER I lose weight. I wrote down some concrete ways I can show myself some love. I will share a few of them here.
1) I will not talk derogatorily about my body...not even to myself.
1a)I will not THINK unkindly about myself...but wil look for reasons to mentally high five myself.
2) I will go through my lingerie drawer and take out all the ripped or stained items and replace them with some nice , well made undies.
3) I will eat food that I know will nourish me and if I eat a sweet, I will not come down hard on myself and call myself names.
4) I will put on makeup more often (I know makeup can work both ways....it can become a mask to hide behind and worn because you hate the way you look without it) For me, I know I look prettier - or at least more well kept - if I wear at least a little.
5) I will shower every day....that takes away my excuse not to exercise because I will get sweaty. It also makes my hair look prettier.
6) I will try to sleep until at least 4:00 AM because I know my body needs it.
7) I will make time daily to read
8) I will try to reawaken my creative spark
9) I will continue my practice of memorizing Scripture to keep my mind working and my soul healthy.
10) I will make every effort to notice when a smile is called for---and to oblige.
Do any of you have any ideas you want to add? What would your list look like?