Why do I want to loose weight?
Monday, February 16, 2015
This morning I watched SparkGuy, Chris, talk about getting to the real reason why we want to loose weight. I've thought about that so many times. There are so many reasons for loosing weight:
1) Clothes fit better and look nicer when you're a size 12 rather than a size 20.
2) Everything becomes easier to do when you're not carrying 50# of baggage around.
3) Carrying so much extra weight places such a strain on weight-bearing muscles and bones, like knees which take so much abuse carrying around all this extra weight.
4) I know I will feel better and I will no longer be embarrassed to have my picture taken.
5) I want to be able to hike in the woods and walk along the shore for more than 10 minutes.
6) I also want to be able to do yoga without having all this extra fat in the way of stretches.
And while all these reasons are very important to me - most importantly I want to live for at least another 20 years. When I think about my parents, who were both really quite health conscious, they both died at about age 83 which for me would be only another 18 years. That's a very frightening thought. So maybe, if I put a lot of effort into my health and fitness, I can stretch that out to 20 or 25 years!
And one more thing. I would also like to enjoy those last 20 - 25 years doing all the things I've been waiting all my life to do!