KITT52 posted a blog on May 28, 2015, in response to questions if her weight loss and hard work had been worth it.
“losing weight is as hard as you make it.....it's really up to you...once I focused on what I could eat, on what I could do....once I stop making excuses for myself and resigned my thinking to positive thinking and stop telling myself how unfair it all was...I made progress..
it still is a struggle some days, I have made a commitment to myself, that I will never ever give up...I will never ever blame anyone food and one meal or anyone person for my weight....I am the person responsible for my weight....I am responsible for my happiness, my health and my life...
Life is so much easier when you are a healthy and a happy person....I have learned to be proud of myself....
I can look at myself in the mirror and say "GOOD JOB".... now thats what counts.... “
What a wonderful blog!
1. Losing weight is as hard as you make it. Isn't that the truth? If you can't make an ongoing commitment, you will be in constant battle over what you should do and what you want to do. Commitment doesn't mean perfection. It means getting back up and moving in a healthy direction. Make a commitment that you will never give up.
2. Focus on what you can eat and what you can do. Replace the negative whining about what you are giving up and how unfair it is that you have to give up your favorite, unhealthy behaviors with positive excitement about what you can eat and do and where your healthy choices are going to take you.
3. Take responsibility for your actions. You are responsible for your weight, your health, your happiness, and your life.
4. Life is so much easier when you are a healthy and happy person. If you let your problems drive you to eating, then you have added another problem (being unhealthy and overweight). Stuffing yourself and being overweight does not make life easier. Everything is easier when you feel well, healthy, energetic, and strong.
5. Celebrate your victories. Tell the person in the mirror, "Good job!"