SP Premium
SADDKATT
40,000-49,999 SparkPoints 45,494
SparkPoints
 

Day 14 Whole 30

Monday, August 08, 2016

I've skipped a few days. My summer is drawing to a close, and I'm getting caught up in various tasks...starting a new master's degree, preparing to buy a house, planning for the new school year.

But I've made it two weeks! I'm halfway there. I have been totally complaint with this diet plan. No dairy, no grain, no sugar, no beans. Also no preservatives. Everything has been whole food. It is a bit more expensive than I had bargained for, and requires a lot more prep. There's no grabbing a quick lunch. My fridge is bursting at the seams with all the produce that I have crammed in there. And my brain has been complaining. I miss bread. I really miss cheese. And noodles. And ice cream.

So according to the book, this is when I'm supposed to start feeling a surge of energy. My sleep is supposed to get better. My clothes should fit better. My skin and hair should be great. Yeah...none of that seems to be happening yet. The fatigue still hangs over me like a wet blanket. The spare tire is still there. And my digestive system is not handling things well at all. It's like the IBS is in overdrive. I'm staying up later and waking up way early...getting about four or five hours a night. I've been crashing mid afternoon all week. The Dude and I have been snipping at each other all week. His fasting blood sugar is starting to improve, though.

But it's only the halfway point. There's still a lot more to go, so I haven't given up. I have learned how to make my own mayonnaise and marinara sauce. I bought a spiralizer and made zoodles. I figured out how to make my own balsamic vinaigrette. I'm hoping that the next two weeks will have some positive effects. I'm terribly afraid that I won't lose any weight, that I won't feel any better. That I'm just spending tons of money and I'm still going to be a tired, chubby grump with dry hair and dry skin and a bad attitude. The book says that 95% of the people who try the Whole 30 lose weight. What if I'm in the other 5%? God, what if I actually gain weight? And how am I going to figure out what to eat for lunch at work? Ugh. I'm in kind of a negative place this week, I think.

Breakfast: omelette with mushrooms and chicken

Lunch: leftover zoodles with marinara sauce, handful of almonds

Dinner: chorizo and eggs over potatoes, with peppers and leeks. Melon wedge for dessert.

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post

    Be the First to Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.