More on the Huge Scary Audacious Goal
Sunday, August 28, 2016
Here's a bit more about this goal.
* It is huge. It will take concerted effort to achieve, but I can do it. I have a year. I just need to stay focused and keep believing I can do it. No problem! (Can you hear the sarcasm? Note to self: work on belief.)
* It is scary. There are parts of this goal that scare me to death. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that with smaller goals and a year to go I can do it. One of the things I'm afraid of is what others will say when I reveal what it is. I'll actually have to become a bit disagreeable and headstrong.
* It is audacious. Audacious enough that people who already do similar things are telling me to look for something smaller first. (And that's only with a tentative hint at what I'm thinking about doing.)
I've been listening to a lecture by Dr Doug Lisle, and he talked about how some of our goals can be contrary to others of our goals. The trick is to figure out which ones we want most and sometimes go against our instincts to get them. For example: my goal is to follow my eating plan 80% every day (complete with checklist so I know I've done 80%), except...I'm going out with my friends, and it's too hard to stick with my goal. I'll start tomorrow.
So this huge, scary, audacious goal...
I've broken it up into smaller goals.
* Exercise 60-70 minutes 5-6 times per week. I've already done that for four weeks. I'm on the way.
* Eat correctly for my body. I know what that is, but I have a really hard time doing it consistently because of the food environment around me. Here again...I need to be a bit more disagreeable. And probably a bit more believing. And a bit more focused. And more commmitted.
* There is a financial commitment to this goal. I'm working out the details for that. It's coming together.
One month down. Eleven to go.