Challenge days 1 and 7
Thursday, September 08, 2016
Sorry I missed yesterday's challenge. Here is the link to the original challenge. http://www.sparkpeople.com/myp
Today, I'm going to address Days 1 and 7, and tomorrow I'll pick up on Day 8 and 9.
Day 1 wants 10 facts, so here we go:
1. I am a speech Language Pathologist. I have worked in this field since 1978 and wouldn't change a thing. My original plan when I went back to school was to look into Audiology, but because I was a single mom, my time was limited and my coursework was primarily in the evening except for 1 full-time semester when I had a scholarship. Otherwise I worked and maintained a household with 2 young boys.
2. My jobs have included birth to 3, preschool, school ages (k through 12), and adults in hospital, home health, long term care and even the VA. I also had a private practice twice.
3. We have lived in NY state, Georgia, Colorado, Nebraska and South Dakota. Some of the moves were due to husband's work, others were for mine.
4. I have 1 older sister, and a younger brother and sister. I get to see them rarely because of distance.
5. I joined Sparkpeople as an answer to prayer. I was fed up with myself for binging and emotional eating, and found it answered all of my questions.
6. I grew up in NJ in a highly dysfunctional family. If you know how that is, we carry lots of baggage and it takes time to shed it, if ever.
7. I grew up Catholic but now attend the 14th fastest growing church in America! IT happens to be Wesleyan. We love our church and our pastors.
8. We have 5 kids. It's a yours, mine and ours household.
9. We moved back to SD because that's where the youngest (ours) is and she is a nurse finishing her doctorate so she'll soon be a nurse practitioner. We figure she can tell us what to do as we age.
10. When I get home from school, 3 days a week I get to see the grandson, who is 2 1.2 right now. He's super smart and keeps us hopping. My DH is Grampa Nanny and the other gramma keeps him the other 2 days. Love that kid!
Day 7: my favorite music is contemporary Christian, such as sung by groups like Casting Crowns, Big Daddy Weave, Danny Gokey, Lauren Dagle and so many more. WE listen to KLOVE when we travel but have a smaller station here (KSLT) and love to attend the free Hills Alive concert in Rapid City every July.
Well that's it for today! Have a blessed day!