40 things about me
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
1. Do you like blue cheese? I don't know. I never tried it.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes?
Yes, I quit 21 years ago. Quitting was the best thing I ever did. Starting was one of the dumbest things I ever did.
3. Do you own a gun?
No Guns scare me. I won't let my husband get one and I'm not usually bossy with him.
4. What is your favourite sweet drink?
soda pop but I don't drink it any more.
5. Do you hold any diploma(s), degree(s) or certification(s)?
Associates degree in nursing, certified in medical surgical nursing, stroke nursing and chemo certified.
6. At a BBQ - what's your favourite food?
pulled pork sandwich and potato salad.
7. What is your favourite movie
Rebecca and Fireproof.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning:
9. Can you do a push-up?
10. What's your favourite colour?
11. Do you have a hobby?
Reading, penpals, and knitting. I want to paint but I don't think I would be any good at it.
12. Do you have A.D.D?
I do not think so but I do get distracted and forgetful.
13. Do you wear glasses?
Yes, since I was a teen. I'm very near sighted.
14. Who were your teen crushes?
David Cassidy. But it was more the character he played on The Partridge Family. The actor was too sophisticated for me.
15. Name three goals you have for this year?
Pull myself out of the depression I've been in, Spend more time with my family and friends and improve my knitting skills.
16. Name three drinks you drink regularly.
Water, black tea, coffee
17. Current worries?
Severe arthritis keeping me from being as active as I would like to be, My hospital is going through a budget crisis(they laid off 65 people recently) I wasn't affected but its still a worry.
18. Name three things (not people) you enjoy/love.
Books, Beauty in nature, pictures and words, and knitting.
19. Favourite place to be
20. How did you bring in the new year?
I was asleep because I had to get up early and work on New Years Day.
21. Where would you like to go?
I have always wanted to see France because it is so beautiful and I have always felt drawn to it. My daughter Melissa has promised to take me there some day. I won't hold her to it of course.
22. Name two worst diets you've been on.
Ayds Sweets, and starvation diet I put myself on where I drank diet koolaid and didn't eat at all. I was a teenager when I did that.
23. Do you own slippers?
No I usually just wear cosy socks at home. no shoes or slippers.
24. Name three favourite books.
I have a lot more then 3 and it changes. The Bible. Kisses from Katie and Daring to Hope by Katie Davis Majors and The mitford series by Jan Karon.
25. Do you like sleeping in satin sheets or flannel sheets?
Egyptian cotton with a high thread count.
26. What are 3 of your "go to" meals? salad, pasta with tomato basil pesto and grated cheese, pizza with healthy toppings.
27. Where are you now?
At home in my living room.
28. If you could do anything for an occupation, no holds barred, what would it be?
29. What is your favourite outfit?
Jeans and t-shirt
30. What's on your playlist right now?
Christian music Casting Crowns I will praise you in this storm, Who am I and Life song. I don't remember who does Oceans but I love that christian song too.
31. Favorite foods?
Pizza, Reuben sandwich, and homemade bread and rolls.
32. What's on your mind lately?
Trying to work with severe arthritis pain.
33. Last time you belly laughed?
I can't remember.
34. What's your favourite animal?
35. What's your worst injury?
I was bitten in the face and neck by my dog when I was 8. The face wound required 8 stitches. The neck puncture wound was right next to a major vein.
36. How many TVs in your house?
Three but they are for my family. I hardly ever watch TV. If I lived alone I would only have 1 if any.
37. Silliest (truly silly, non-life threatening) action you've done to lose weight.
I can't think of anything.
38. Do you like to dance?
Yes but I have no talent. I'm not graceful.
39. Share about an awesome trip you've taken or place you've visited.
Mission trip with my church to Guatemala.
40. Do you enjoy camping?