Some of the better ways to stay motivated to hit the gym daily
Monday, January 29, 2018
1. Picture lighting a couple bucks on fire. You're paying a monthly flat fee for "all you can sweat," and if you skip a day, you might as well light that cash on fire.
2. Say "I'll just do a half hour." Sometimes, that's all the workout you can swing, but it beats skipping it.
3. Reminder that the only one you're cheating when you skip a workout is yourself.
4. Reminding myself that I have a weekly weigh in, and if I slack off, I need to confess to a room full of grandmas. (TOPS is a lot less BS than the for-profit Weight Watchers, but it also skews heavily to the 65 and up demographic). Mind you, the grannies are not into fat shaming, but still...YOU want to disappoint grandma?
5. Read r/fatlogic, and get so annoyed with the excuses people tell themselves that you want to do some cardio just to spite them.
6. Ask yourself why your feet are dragging. Bored? Sore? Tired? Okay, maybe you won't be able to go full-tilt on the weight room or stairclimber that day, but you could still swing a round of brisk walking on the treadmill. Maybe the playlist needs an update. Maybe you need to change up the order you do your circuit training. Maybe you just need to hit Groupon for something new you can try until the blahs wear off.