#100daysofwhy - Day 100 and What I Have Learned
Friday, July 27, 2018
I kept a list of all my “Whys” and I’ve reviewed them often. There were days when it was easy to see my “Why” and there were days when I really had to think about my “Why”. Then, I read my original “Why” from 1/22/18.
I can see that my goals haven’t changed much. However, how I reach these goals have been altered some. Due to some injuries, aches and pains, I’ve had to modify my exercise plan. I have to really let it sink in that I’m no longer in my 30’s or 40’s and although my head feels I can still do certain things, my body is a little slower. But, that’s okay!
I’ve learned that I have to be nicer to myself! I’ve heard that we are our worst critic and that is definitely a true statement for me. I have to be okay with myself, inside and out. Being nicer to myself includes:
• Knowing that what I put in my body is good for me (food, medications, vitamins, etc.).
• Don’t overwork my body. Allow my body to recover between workouts. Listen to it!
• Keep my mind active and positive. A healthy mind equals a healthy body!
• Allow myself to relax! I don’t have to be busy all the time!
• Live life with vigor! I only have one life to live and I don’t want any regrets!
This was a great exercise! We just have to stop and ask ourselves why we do certain things. Once we figure this out, it makes it easier to move forward!
So, Day 100: To be the best ME that I can be for myself and for my family!