Oldie But Goody, with answers
Wednesday, December 05, 2018
A compilation of several lists written in this style. Feel free to share some more with us!
If you missed previous blog, I'd suggest you skip to that first and see how well you do. Then come on back, and check your answers.
1. My sole desire for the Yuletide season is receipt of a pair of central incisors.
All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth
2. From dark 'til dawn, soundless.
3. Celestial messengers from splendid empires.
Angels From the Realms of Glory
4. Antlered quadruped with the cerise proboscis.
Rudolph, the Red-Nose Reindeer
5. The event occurred at one minute after 11:59pm with visibility unlimited.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
6. Ornament the enclosures with large sprigs of berry-bearing evergreen.
Deck the Halls With Boughs of Holly
7. Personal hallucinations of an alabaster December 25.
I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
8. Anticipation of this Noel's mementos: nil.
I'm Gettin' Nuttin' For Christmas
9. Clappered inverted caps, amalgamated.
10. Testimony of personally witnessing the maternal parent's buss with Kris Kringle.
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause
11. In a distant bovine diner.
Away In a Manger
12. Universal elation.
Joy To the World
13. O miniature Nazarene village.
O Little Town of Bethlehem
14. Village expectations of a Yuletide emissary.
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
15. May Jehovah grant you hilarious males retirement.
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
16. Those who are true, come here.
O Come, All Ye Faithful
17. Are you detecting the same aural sensations as I am?
Do You Hear What I Hear?
18. The diminutive male of less than adult age who plays a percussion instrument.
The Little Drummer Boy
19. Fastest thing from the coldest region
20. Heavenly cherubs announcing in song---listen!
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
21. Reigning monarchs of the Far East
We Three Kings of Orient Are
22. Who is the mystery youngster?
What Child Is This?
23. Proclaim it in the high hills.
Go, Tell It On the Mountain
24. Pastoral woollies nocturnal ly observed in vigilance by herdsmen.
While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night
25. Primary Yuletide
The First Noel
26. The approach of the holiday commemorating Christ's birth becomes evident.
Christmas Is Coming (The Goose Is Getting Fat) - no one has EVER gotten this right. Not even my Mom, the "Queen of Christmas." For a great version, check out Manhattan Transfer's. Peter, Paul, & Mary have one too.
27. Footwear for the 359th day of the year.
The Christmas Shoes
28. Mother of God, did you have an inkling of any of this?
Mary, Did You Know?
29. Can you tell me your current location, December 25?
Where Are You, Christmas?
30. Dancing wildly in close proximity to the decorated evergreen.
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree