Irrational anger as a non motivating force
Saturday, May 18, 2019
As I look back upon my last leap off the wagon (2 days of not bothering to exercise, not bothering to track or discipline my food intake), I realize that the triggering events were boredom and anger....bored by the same more healthful and often less "fun" food choices that I had been making, bored by the same walking path, day after day....and angry that I couldn't just eat whatever appealing or delicious foods I wanted without limitation, and angry that I couldn't just lie around and read books or play games all day. It didn't seem fair at all, so I defiantly took 2 days off....no requirements, no restrictions.
I'm back on track for now....and hope to stay there by remembering these results/realizations from my most recent "experiment in defiance"
1) aside from some momentary pleasure, which did not last long, I didn't really feel much better or happier
2) my scale and BGL numbers showed immediate bad results
3) I was still a little bit angry that the laws of the universe didn't bend to make an exception for me, but had to admit that the anger was pretty irrational
4) I can make better choices when I think of them as choices, or options, rather than dictates or orders
5) when I make choices, I need to consider the likely results of the choices....do I want the outcomes I will put in motion by my choice?