Managing Stress - from WW
Sunday, May 19, 2019
1. Choose the right response. You get to choose how you respond to stress. If you can't change the situation, take a deep breath and accept it.
2. Share. Talking about your stress will help you cope better. Sharing your problems may help you find solutions you hadn't thought of.
3. Lead a healthy life style. Follow your chosen healthy meal plan, get adequate rest, go easy on alcohol and caffeine, and be active.
4. Ignore the critic in you. Just because it's not up to your standards doesn't mean it's not adequate.
5. Reflect. Spend 5-10 minutes daily thinking about the positive things in your life.
6. Learn the art of compromise. You'll feel better even if it goes against the grain of your normal thinking.
7. Relax. Spend time each week doing something you enjoy.
8. Shed the perfectionist image. No one's perfect no matter what you believe!
9. Be realistic. Don't be afraid to say no. You can't please all of the people all of the time. Make YOUR life easier by choosing.