Benefits of a Workout Buddy
Monday, May 20, 2019
Sometimes working out alone can be such a bore and hard to have that motivation to keep going and pushing yourself. But if you had someone to workout with you can gain some benefits such as:
1. Accountability - if you set a time and place to workout with someone and then not show up, what kind of person does that make you out to be? You can come up with lots of excuses as to why not workout if you are doing this solo. But, if you committed to workout with someone you are more apt to stick with you appointment and show up.
2. Learn new routines - instead of doing the same routine over and over because that is all you can think of to do, a workout buddy can offer other suggestions to keep those workouts new. Plus a workout buddy may have a different set of skills and knowledge that can be shared with you.
3. Maintaining proper form - a workout buddy can watch your form and let you know if you need to make changes.
4. Motivation - as mentioned above, having a workout buddy can help you with your motivation to keep you true to yourself and commit to workout. Plus having a workout buddy can motivate you to try new things and push yourself just a bit harder.
5. Working out become fun - a workout buddy can help the time seem to fly by when you have someone else to pass the time. You can encourage one another, talk about successes and frustrations, just enjoy someone else's misery in the workout (Just kidding). After all, we are social creatures and having a workout buddy will make time pass so much quicker than if you were doing it alone.
A workout buddy is something that I do not have, so every year I join a running class just to have the opportunity to do some of my runs with others in a group setting. And it does make a difference having someone else working out with you.