A yummy way to start the day with very little fat and lots of flavor !
Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 25
Number of Servings: 12
1 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
1 cup skim milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon sugar
raisins or nuts (optional)
1. Soak the oats in milk for about one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
4. Combine the oat mixture with the applesauce and egg whites, and mix until combined.
5. In a separate bowl measure and whisk the dry ingredients together.
6. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined.
7. Add nuts or raisins if desired.
8. Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough.
9. Spoon muffin mixture into muffin pan.
10. Combine the cinnamon and sugar and top each muffin with some of the mixture.
11. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
12. Remove from pan, cool and enjoy.
13. These can be frozen and reheated in the microwave for a quick breakfast.