Another plateau ARGH...
Monday, May 20, 2019
So my weight is once again bouncing around within a 5-pound range. Frustrating, BUT...
1) Strength training: My number of sets/repetitions continues to increase. I'm using a simple measure of progress: "Is today's workout more than I was doing 2 weeks ago?" That seems to be a standard I can meet consistently.
2) Clothes are continuing to fit a little differently, and the new hole I poked in my belt a month ago is starting to feel a little loose.
3) I consciously noticed for the first time yesterday, I've got more energy than I used to. I'm not doing handsprings across campus, but I'm also not getting worn out as easily. Mowing the yard doesn't leave me feeling tired for the rest of the day.
4) 2 more comments from people who noticed I'd lost some weight.
5) Since I got portion control (mostly) under control and my diet straightened out a little, I'm not getting heartburn NEARLY as often. In fact, hardly at all.
So... Keep doing what I need to do, consistently, and the numbers will follow. Something I saw on here, that definitely applies: The scale is a tool, not a meter of success.
Also, this is finals week & the grading deadline. I'm doing more quick-to-fix meals and I have a tendency to stress eat. So maybe "make it through without gaining" is a reasonable goal for this couple of weeks. And then...excelsior!