These tasty dessert bars hide healthy zucchini inside!
Zucchini Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 28
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
2 cup unpeeled grated zucchini
1/2 cup oil of choice
1/2 cup applesauce
2 1/2 cup flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c chopped nuts (optional, included in nutrition facts)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 Tbsp skim milk
2 cups powdered sugar
3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1. Mix everything except nuts thoroughly then blend in the nuts.
2. Pour in greased (11" x 17") pan.
3. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
4. Frost when cooled.
5. Cut in bars that are approximately 2.75 in. x 2.42 in.
1. Mix all ingredients and spread on cooled bars.
Store finished bars in refrigerator.
To make the patriotic fruit topping:
1 banana, sliced thinly then halved
1 quart of strawberries (approximately one strawberry per bar), hulled, halved and sliced thin
1 cup of fresh blueberries. (Berries not included in nutritional values.)
1. Place two blueberries in the top left corner of each bar.
2. Add alternating stripes of strawberry and banana slices down the rest of the bar.