Day 141: Today’s Recipe –It's An Avocado Fiesta !
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Smoky and creamy grilled avocados filled with salsa and crumbled Mexican cheese turn any meal into a fiesta.
Grilled Avocado Boats
Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 10
Number of Servings: 4
1 T lime juice
1 t olive oil
2 ripe avocados, sliced in half lengthwise, pit removed
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh salsa
1 ounce part-skim queso fresco (or any soft white Mexican cheese), crumbled
1 T chopped cilantro
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Combine the lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl.
3. Brush the mixture on the cut sides of all four avocado halves.
4. Season the avocados with salt and pepper.
5. Place flesh down on the hot grill and cook 5-7 minutes, until the flesh has grill marks.
6. Remove from grill.
7. Fill each avocado half with 1 tablespoon salsa and cheese, then garnish with cilantro.
8. Serve immediately.