Quick...Look away from the Food
Thursday, May 23, 2019
So I'm trying to be more mindful during my journey and my BLC team is keeping me on point. This weeks challenge is to list ways to distract myself when I'm hungry or craving something naughty. I'm gonna split mine into 2 list because you have to do something different for each case. So how to distract myself:
When I'm hungry, I'll ...
* If my next meal is a ways a way, I'll take a walk (even if I'm at work)
* stretch or do some body weight exercises
* Drink a glass of water. Confuse my naughty belly
* Hit Spark and read blogs to stay in the right mindset to not binge
* Look through old pics of myself to see where I started
* Goof off on the internet to keep my mind busy
* Text/Call a friend
* Dream shop (nothing like adding things to baskets and then closing the site!)
* Review what I've eaten/done to leave myself so hungry.
When I'm craving something, I'll...
* Never keep the temptation close at hand! Make it inconvenient to get the snack
* Go to sleep!! For me my cravings hit when I'm tired.
* If I have the calories, have a nibble of what I desire.
* Chew Gum
* Focus on WHY I'm thinking about the naughty bites
* Plan it into my calories for a future date
I might have to update this here and there. But I think this is definitely a good start.