Day 143: Today’s Recipe –Memorial Day Grilling
Friday, May 24, 2019
While this burger tastes like a meatball sub, it's far lighter and healthier.
Sun-Dried Tomato, Pesto & Mozzarella Turkey Burgers
Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 15
Number of Servings: 4
1 pound extra lean ground turkey
4 ounces (4 slices) part-skim mozzarella
4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
1/4 cup sun-dried tomato or basil pesto
1. Divide the ground turkey into four 4-ounce patties and season with black pepper and (optional) salt.
2. Pan fry or grill the burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
3. Place the cheese atop the burgers, turn off the heat, and cover until the cheese is melted.
4. Meanwhile, toast the burger buns and spread each with one tablespoon of the pesto.
4. Serve immediately, with plenty of burger toppings (calories not included): spinach, basil leaves, onion and tomato.