When we were asked to do a new task at work, most of us would stand around grousing about it for a few minutes. By the time we got done complaining amongst ourselves and turned to the task at hand, our co-worker, Alice, would have already completed her part of whatever we were asked to do.
Lesson learned from observing Alice:
1. Bad attitudes are contagious. Look for the Alices in your life.
2. It took less time to just do what we were asked to do.
3. We still had to do what we were asked, even with our negative attitudes.
4. Achievement feels better than complaining.
5. Alice's way created more time, energy, contentment and happiness.
6. There are rewards to being a good worker.
As we pursue our goals here, can we apply the same lessons?
1. Hang around with others that inspire you and bring out the best in you.
2. It takes less time to just follow the plan. We can waste a lot of time thinking about exercise or whatever we need to do next, or we can just do it.
3. If we lose the negative attitude and excuses, we might actually find joy in the journey.
4. Achievement feels better than complaining. Achievement pumps up the motivation.
5. Success leaves us with more energy, contentment and happiness.
6. The rewards are fantastic. Who doesn't want to look better, move better, and feel better?
What we can accomplish in a day depends upon the way we approach it.
How we feel about it depends upon our attitude.
Enjoy the journey today.