With only two weeks left in the year, and still plateauing between 216-220, I've had to accept the only way I'm gonna to reach onederland by January 1st is either with surgery or a magic bean for Christmas.
The realization caused a momentary minor meltdown .... and was feeling like a complete failure until I started focusing on a few NSVs I'm really proud of.
Wanna hear em, hear we go:
1. Losing 75 lbs in 15 months!! OK, so regaining and losing the same 20 pounds since then has been a little disappointing, but I've kept most of the weight off and still currently 60 pounds down.
2. Closing my seat belt on a return flight to Vegas. I actually only started my weight loss journey when I couldn't close the belt on a flight in January of 2018. The attendant was aware of my situation, and though didn't say anything, her eyes and face said more than enough for me to feel both embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I knew if I said anything, I'd be paying for the empty seat next to me.
So that was my original why .... not the high blood pressure, stomach problems or the fact I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without sweating or breathing hard ..... no, no no .... it only took imaging some turbulence might end my life for an entire flight to get started.
Returning to Vegas in April of 2019 and not only EASSSSSILY closing the belt, but actually crossing my legs again?!?!? .... priceless.
3. Much more energy! I was so out of shape when I started, I could only workout about 10 minutes at a time and everything was done sitting down. I've come a long way baby!! Was actually running up a flight of stairs trying to catch the J train when I realized just how much progress I've actually made. :))
4. No more high blood pressure, painful joints or gastric issues.
5. Two handfuls of 30 somethings in multiple shades of the rainbow trying to chat me up this year ...... seriously, whhaaaat??? ~ Do you know how old I am?!?!? So lovely they didn't believe me, lol ~ No interest, but super flattering!!
6. Am helluva lot more flexible .... nuff said.
7. Very little takeout; happily preparing the majority of my own meals and have even begun brown bagging it several days most weeks.
8. Have lost more than 20 inches head to toe since starting!
9. Enjoying deeper more restful sleep, with tighter clearer skin and stronger hair and nails.
10. Have become so much more knowledgeable about nutrition, now inspired to help others.
I want to feel like this for the rest of my life!!
So @ the end of the day, while I haven't yet reached onederland or joined the 100lb down club, I'm proud of what I've been able to achieve and super excited where I'm headed.
What NSV are YOU most proud of this year?
2020 HERE WE COME ....