SP Premium
60,000-79,999 SparkPoints 76,961

Well that was an adventure

Friday, January 24, 2020

Starting weight: 312
Current weight: 247
Goal weight: 165
Gain: 1 pound

This week I'm up one pound and I celebrated. After what turned out to be a very adventurous vacation with my husband I expected to be up much more.

It started with a snow storm and us trying to get out of town before the roads got to bad. I grabbed our passports, boarding passes and other things that I knew I should be in charge with and told my husband all he had to do was put the suitcase in the trunk.

He didn't.

We decided to stay at a hotel by the airport and his slight error didn't come to light until we were deep into the snow storm, three hours from home and about 10 minutes from the hotel. There was no going back. We ran into Walmart, decided what we absolutely needed and bought a backpack to put it into. I decided a few days without makeup or hair product wouldn't be the worst thing.

It was.

We grabbed a few hours sleep and hopped on the shuttle to the airport at 5AM. I checked my wallet.

Passports - check
ID - check
Boarding passes - check
Where's my Visa?

I put a freeze on the card and we headed out. We got to the airport, we're laughing at how things have started and just happy to be leaving the snow. The trip was so much fun. We did Universal, hiked up at the Hollywood sign and dropped in on his parents. I found my Visa so I was thrilled. So thrilled that I hopped out of our Uber and thought leaving my phone in the car was the best way to go.

I do not recommend this.

Maybe we're not adult enough to travel together. This was the first trip Jeff and I had taken together that involved leaving our area in seven years and I let him loose. When I go to Disneyland my daughter and I do indulge on sweets and foods we generally don't eat at home but we share. We have a funnel cake and her, her twins and myself all share one. There wasn't as much sharing and sampling on this trip and by the second day all I wanted was a salad. He was in burger heaven and I left him there.

Four days later, phone in hand we headed home. We had missed Snowmagedon! But our pipes had froze. Luckily we had a house sitter and she did everything she knew to do to make sure they didn't burst. The next day it warmed up and we were fine.

We're back to rain now and I'm done. It's pretty much rained non-stop for eight weeks now. Most of the trails I run on are closed do to trees coming down and flooding. The gravel path along the lake is open. Not my favourite but there was a break in the rain today and I REALLY needed a run. I love these old train trestles in the fog.

Now by run I mean walk with a sprinkling of running. It's also been about eight weeks since I had a good run and need to suck it up, get wet and get moving again. It did feel great to be out there, even it it was cold and wet.

Home again, healthy eating was an easy transition.

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post