The "mini challenge" for today's Shooting Stars on the 5% Spring Challenge is to list 10 things I'm grateful for. I was thinking of it when I was out walking the dog, and there are way more than 10!
But here are 10, in no particular order, and I don't even guarantee that they're the 10 most important things, just 10 that pop into my mind right now:
1. My health, and the health of my family and extended family. So far none of us have been touched by the virus, and even beyond that, all of us are fortunate to be in good health.
2. Employment. My company is considered "essential" at the moment (although there are rumors that could change) so 5 out of 6 of us are employed full-time right now, and the 6th is a full-time college student who's taking classes remotely, which is a job in itself.
3. A roof over our heads. We own our home and our mortgage is not unreasonable, so even if we have a period of unemployment we should be ok as long as it doesn't go on too long.
4. Good spirits. Everyone is getting along and being a good sport about the quarantine.
5. Support. We do a Zoom meeting once a week with each side of our extended family, so we're all there for each other.
6. Our beloved pets. We have 3 cats and a dog who are such a source of entertainment, companionship, and comfort!
7. The internet. I don't know what we'd do without this source of news, entertainment, and so much more.
8. Books. They help pass the time and take me out of my everyday life.
9. Good food. We have been able to get most of what we want at the grocery store, or make do with a substitute, so we're able to eat healthy, filling meals on a regular basis.
10. Toilet paper, LOL! We don't hoard, but we do buy Costco-sized packages, since there are six of us, and so far we have been able to get them when we need them.