Six Goals and Dreams for May
Thursday, April 30, 2020
Hello, May! One of my favorite months of the year. The world is green and bursting with life--the garden is producing and baby animals are being born. The neighbors are outside grilling, I hear kids playing in the alley, and my youngest nephew will graduate from college! If not for the ongoing pandemic, life would almost feel normal. Our face masks, social distancing, and the eerie quiet across my dense urban neighborhood has become "the norm", if not normal.
But even "normal" doesn't mean the same, stasis, status quo--there's always room for dreams and improvement. Here are some of mine. What will you be working towards in your life this coming month? Leave a comment and let me know!
1. Having lost 6 pounds in April, I aim to lose 5.4 pounds in May, going from 183.4 to 178. Can't wait to be in the 170s again! Back in December, at 210, this seemed like a fantasy. The longer range goal is to lose a total of 40 lbs to reach 170 by my birthday in July.
2. Increase running streak from 8 to 13 weeks, work up to running 2 full miles: Run 3 to 4 days per week, increasing intervals and adding hill repeats. Work out with weights and add plyometrics.
3. Finish coursework for professional certificate program.
4. Find new full-time WFH job - I'm interviewing for one this week!
5. Go camping or hiking if possible--an overnight getaway would do me good!
6. Stay healthy through social distancing & encourage friends and family to do the same. We see the curve beginning to flatten here, but given the shortage of tests, it's likely the actual cases are likely 5x to 10x greater. Unlike the state, my city will continue #StayHome orders with all non-essential businesses closed until we see cases drop steadily for few weeks. For now it's the right call. I'm dreaming of the day we can all be together again!