jokes and National Splurge Day
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
National Splurge Day is observed annually on June 18th. This day is a fun, feel-good holiday that was created for you to do something special for yourself. Splurge, (as defined at Dictionary.com) is: to indulge oneself in some luxury or pleasure. Take the time to pull away from the everyday busyness and stress of life to treat yourself. Do you normally take the time to splurge ? If so, when and what do you splurge on? I find sparkpeople and the internet my splurge. I find taking time to read another splurge.
What to splurge on without spending money
1. Visit a local museum. They opening in my area.
2. Go to a park.
3. Visit the library. They opening in my area.
4. Ride your bike.
5. Take a walk. And not with iTunes blaring.
6. Spend time in the garden.
7. Take a nap. A hammock, or back yard, are the ideal spots.
8/ Build something. If you’re handy, use old wood to create a table. If you’re not, find a project on Pinterest that anyone can do.
9. Experiment in the kitchen. Use all those ingredients that got shoved to the back of the pantry and experiment. You may discover your inner Bobby Flay.
It was her first night at her diet meeting and Sue was feeling a little nervous. To help her feel at ease the other members began a discussion about the foods they most wanted to buy as they went round the supermarket. One man confessed that French cheeses were his greatest weakness and a rather large woman said she found it almost impossible to resist anything smothered in chocolate.
Finally it was Sue’s turn to admit her cravings. Taking a deep breath, she confided, "To be honest I can’t resist anything in aisles three, four, five, six or nine."
Bathroom scale diet tricks
1. Weigh yourself fully clothed after dinner and again the next morning without clothes and before breakfast, because it's nice to see how much weight you've lost overnight!
2. Never weigh yourself with wet hair.
3. When weighing, remove everything, including eyeglasses. In this case, blurred vision is an asset. Don't forget to remove jewellery as it could weigh as much as a pound!
4. Buy only cheap scales, never the medical kind. Accuracy is the enemy and high quality scales are very accurate.
5. Always go to the bathroom first.
6. Weigh yourself after a haircut, this is good for up to half a pound of hair (hopefully).
7. Exhale with all your might BEFORE stepping onto the scale. (Air has weight, right?)
8. Start out with just one foot on the scale, then holding onto a towel rod slowly edge your other foot onto the scale while slowly releasing the towel rod. Admittedly, this takes time, but it's worth it. You will weigh at least two pounds less than if you'd stepped onto the scale normally.
A Great Diet Tip
A great way to lose weight is to eat while you are naked and standing in front of a mirror. Restaurants will almost always throw you out before you can eat too much.
To achieve great things we must live as though we were never going to die.
• Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter...