SP Premium
500,000-749,999 SparkPoints 512,614

Update on son Patrick

Monday, September 21, 2020

So, yes, they are pausing the trial study to let him get some radiation to shrink the tumor to lessen his pain before resuming (see my previous blog).
He met with a palliative guy (not sure if he is a doc or nurse) who has done a good job helping Pat manage his meds so he is not in as much pain right now.
We are all taking a deep breath and enjoying this respite...and no trips to Boston this week, which makes all our lives less complicated.
Distance learning is going well at The Porch Academy for my grands and their teacher-mom, so far.

I am happy that Jean is making it a priority to get some exercise most days....I worry about her, too.
I totally agree with their decision to keep the kids home from in-person school for now.
Covid rates are slowly climbing again in my state (RI) since the college kids came back (not just blaming them,of course).

Oh, and, btw...I finally got in to see my foot doc to discuss my MRI...there are apparently two issues in there that need to be fixed surgically, but I can put it off as long as I want. He gave me a cortisone shot, which seems to be giving me quite a bit of relief (who knows for how long) and a script for PT, which may or may not help, and which I probably won’t pursue until the shot wears off.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post