Knowing what works
Monday, September 28, 2020
I’ve been cleaning out online storage by deleting ancient SP blogs, feed, awards, and goodies. Bad downside: can only do it one at a time, argh. Great upside: remembering where I was and being reminded of what I did when I’ve been most successful on this never ending weight loss health journey.
1. TRACKING. Yes, it’s a nuisance, but there’s no better way for me to stay mindful of what and how much I eat. A daily goal of staying in range is essential.
2. SP videos. I haven’t used one in ages, but when I did, I had a good rotation of workouts. I made adaptations as needed.
3. Walking. The year I set a goal of walking in 100 parks was great. I met my goal in five and a half months and discovered parks in my own backyard that I hadn’t known about in spite of living here for most of my life.
4. Gym. At one time, I had a Curves membership conveniently on the way home from work. I loved having a workplace gym a couple of jobs later. I don’t foresee going to a gym any time soon, but now I have an exercise bike indoors and a pool in my backyard.
5. Healthy recipes. I’d forgotten about some really good ones. Husband is looking forward to crockpot meatloaf in a pumpkin. I got that recipe from a coworker, and it’s delicious. The trick is guesstimating a pumpkin just the right size for your slow cooker or instant pot.